Thursday, February 5, 2009

"I SCREWED UP"

Yes, nothing instills confidence in your country's leadership than hearing your President say to the entire world "I screwed up"...in their SECOND WEEK. The real shame of it is not so much that a sitting President would say such a thing on camera...purposely, but the real kick in the head is why he did it.
Not to buck a trend, Barack Obama decided to appoint yet another Clinton left-over that would eventually be discovered as a tax cheat. Even after Tom Daschel was publicly outed as being hypocrite/tax dodger Obama continued to stand by him. Only after Daschel took himself out of the picture, did Obama admit his poor choice of appointment. The obvious question then becomes; If Daschel had not taken himself out of the picture, would Obama have kept him on despite his aversion to paying the same taxes that he so vigorously forces us to pay? Well, if Timothy Geithner and Hillary Clinton are any indication, I must assume that he would have. Now that Daschel has pulled the ripcord, will Obama tell Geithner to hit the road? No.

In his zeal to destroy America in record time, Obama has already confirmed my worst fears in only two weeks. He has demonstrated a complete lack of ethics by appointing and nominating one crook after another to the most important positions in government. This could also be an indicator of his intellect, and maybe even a total contempt for this country.
Then there is his "green lighting" of nationalized health care for children, which confirms my suspicion that he's a communist in moderate sheep's clothing, or just an idiot that doesn't understand the free market.

In any case, it's good to know that when I "forget" to pay my taxes this year, I won't have to worry about the media villainizing me. Apparently, I can count on them to cover for me and not ask too many questions that might make me look bad in public.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with most of your blog so far, but I disagree with this point. I commend the fact that he admitted he "screwed up". It's a breath of fresh air after a president who was always right, no pun intended. Clinging to decisions to avoid seeming to be wrong is not a virtue.

Humility, on the other hand, is a rare virtue, especially for a president, and should be commended. Conceding his failure in this instance shows that Obama could possibly realize the inevitable catastrophe his policies will cause. His humble admittance shows his flexibility, and that he may one day choose a policy that is best for the country, rather than one that coincides with his ideology. He could even compromise with Republicans to come up with a less radical economic plan. Or even at the very least, when the levy breaks and his New New Deal fails, we could possibly have the satisfaction of hearing Obama once again saying, "I screwed up".

Of course, I'm not counting on it; after all, the man is 47 of 48 and has had plenty of time to reflect upon his ideology. Certainly enough time to realize that it is doomed to failure. Considering the abundance of evidence, if he hasn't realized it yet, he never will.

His statement, in my opinion, is a brilliant political ploy designed to give the impression that I perceived. Judging from his speeches and interviews, I do not suspect that Obama is the least bit humble or flexible on his purposefully vague platform. (His vague platform allows him to do whatever he wants basically without seeming like a liar) On the contrary, he clings to his social engineering, spread the wealth, Keynesian policies just like we Pennsylvanian's "cling to our guns and religion". Nevertheless, to quote a phrase from Obama's campaign, at least there is "hope" that he could "change".

Roadhouse said...

Chad, (Of Tony's Pizza I presume)
Thank's for checking out my blog. I hope you turn out to be a regular.

One of the drawbacks to my condensed style of writing is that I don't always get to go as deep as I would like into the details regarding my topic of the day. This particular article is a good example.
I should have gone into a little more detail as to why a President should never say "I screwed up".

A President is more than a man. A President is an office and an institution. A President has the crappy job of having to maintain absolute authority, while commanding the utmost respect and confidence of those who serve under him/her.
Granted, this is largely opinion based, but I beleive that publicly admitting failure or incompetance (especially in the first few weeks) is the fastest way to create doubt and undermine the confidence of those you depend on for unquestioning duty.
As the old saying goes, "You only get one chance to make a first impression".

Beyond that, a President should never give an angry truck drivin' conservative, or one of our enemies another reason to bust his/her chops.

You are right on the money about his statement being a political tactic, as opposed to being sincere regret.

Check in any time.